What is a TENS Machine?
T.E.N.S stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. TENS Units are are predominately used for pain relief and the treatment of pain and nerve related pain conditions. They are used in a variety of settings and can be very beneficial to patients who suffer from muscle and nerve pain. If you have lupus and/or fibromyalgia, you may want to consider investing in a TENS Machine.
It is vital to inform your doctor BEFORE beginning any therapy with a TENS unit or similar device. TENS Machines are not suitable for everyone. They can be harmful in people with heart conditions or those who may be pregnant. It is important to speak with your doctor to see if using a TENS Machine could be beneficial to your lupus and/or fibromyalgia symptoms. A TENS Unit is a small device (usually battery operated) that can provide painless stimulation to help ease sore muscles, nerves, and joints. Many lupus and fibromyalgia patients have found pain relief using a TENS unit. We have created a list of the Top 4 TENS Units that we love for the price and their effectiveness.
Do sore and aching muscles keep you from enjoying your life? This TENS device offers an additional heat option to help provide temporary pain relief for your shoulders, waist, back, arms or legs. Choose from 20 intensity levels and 8 pulse modes to customize your experience and get back to living fully.
|Electronic pulse stimulation
Gel-style electrode pads
What You Get
- TENS electrical stimulator
- Large pad
- Small pad
- USB cable
- Storage bag
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty
Modes and Their Intended UsesTENS – Modes 1, 2, 4, 5 AND 6
- For temporary relief of pain associated with sore and aching muscles in the shoulder, waist, back, arms and legs, due to strain from exercise or normal household and work activities.
- Also intended for symptomatic relief and management of chronic, intractable pain and relief of pain associated with arthritis.
PMS – Modes 1 and 3
- To stimulate healthy muscles in order to improve and facilitate muscle performance.
- For the improvement of muscle tone and firmness, and for strengthening muscles in the arms, abdomen, legs and buttocks.
- Also intended to temporarily increase local blood circulation in the healthy muscles of lower extremities.
- Not intended for use in any therapy or for the treatment of any medical conditions or diseases.
What You Get
What It Does
- Helps with symptomatic relief of chronic, intractable pain and pain associated with arthritis
- Helps temporarily relieve upper and lower back pain, shoulder stiffness, hip pain, knee and ankle strain, and pain in the elbow or wrist
- Helps soothe sore, aching muscles
What would you do if muscle aches and pains didn’t get in the way? Hit the golf course? Enjoy an afternoon walk or a morning run? With 10 different modes to suit your personal comfort level, this portable, dual-output T.E.N.S. device uses low-frequency pulses to provide temporary pain relief, soothing relaxation and even deep-tissue stimulation. It’s time to take control of your pain management and get your life back.
|FDA-cleared, dual-output personal temporary pain relief device
Provides unique, low-frequency pulses
6 manual modes
4 automatic modes
|Easy to use
Adjustable garment belt
Adhesive electrode pads
What You Get
- Aurawave Dual Dial T.E.N.S. device
- Belt clip carrying case
- Adjustable garment belt
- (2) Long lead wires
- (2) Short lead wires
- USB cable
- (4) 2″ x 2″ Single-snap square accupad electrode pads
- (2) 6″ x 4″ Dual-snap large butterfly electrode pads
- (2) 2-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ Dual-snap small butterfly electrode pads
- (1) 13″ x 1-1/2″ Dual-snap oval long thigh electrode pad
- (2) 4-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ Single-snap half-moon electrode pads
- Zippered storage bag
- Quick start guide
- User’s manual
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty (excludes electrode pads)
Are you tired of dealing with sore muscles from your lupus or fibromyalgia? If you suffer from muscle pain, this Pain Therapy System can provide temporary pain relief. Dr. Ho’s Pain Therapy System Pro is great for temporary relief of sore muscles from work, exercise or household activities as well. It is noted as being extra comfortable to use and feels like a soothing massage. We love the Dr. Ho Pain Therapy System Pro because it also comes with foot therapy accessory pads that can help offer relief for tired and achy feet as well. There are seven different stimulation modes that make it easy to find your perfect setting depending on your needs. It also comes with two sets of wires that help you share the soothing sensation with a friend. This Pain Therapy System Pro also comes with 20 adhesive pads and displays on an easy to read LCD Screen.
It is recommended for the temporary relief of pain associated with sore or aching muscles.
|Recommended for the temporary relief of pain associated with sore or aching muscles due to strain from exercise or normal household and work activities
Proprietary auto-modulated waves
7 massage/stimulation modes
2 separate ports
Self-adhesive gel pads
Comfortable to use
|Easy-to-read LCD screen
Rechargeable built-in battery
Pad placement chart
What You Get
- Pain Therapy System Pro unit
- 16 small massage pads
- 4 extra-large massage pads
- 2 lead wires
- Charging adapter
- Carrying case
- Pad placement chart
- Instructional DVD
- Instruction manual
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty on Pain Therapy System Pro
- 2 Foot therapy electrode accessory pads
- Wire for connection to Pain Therapy System PRO
- Water spray bottle
- Instruction insert
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty on Foot Relief pads
Always consult with your doctor before trying any new device. TENS Units are not to be used by everyone. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or problems.