This post may contain affiliate links, which means Lupus Lyfe may make a small comission off of products or services listed.
One of the most common questions I receive from other chronic illness warriors (and even those not suffering from a long term disease) are how to find legitimate work from home jobs online. If you suffer from something like lupus or fibromyalgia, you may have found yourself searching for ways to earn income without having to leave your home.
I have successfully earned a somewhat steady income from working different positions online over the last 6 years. Suffering from lupus, fibromyalgia, and trigeminal neuralgia makes it difficult for me to work a full time position. When having to work outside of the home, I waste a lot of energy on just getting ready in the mornings. This is something that people who do not have a chronic illness will probably never understand. To me, this is energy spent that could have been used for my work or family.
There are many jobs that will consider remote workers, but many of them are contract or part time positions. There have been many times that I have had to work a couple different projects to bring home a decent amount of money. I always try to remember the saying, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket”.
If you have been struggling with your job or your job search and are considering working from home, you should definitely check out the legitimate positions below. These online jobs can help alleviate some of the stress that you may be experiencing.
Virtual Call Center Jobs
If you have any experience in customer service or secretarial positions, you may want to consider a remote call center job. Many businesses are hiring for call center jobs online, giving you the ability to make a decent wage from home. If the idea of helping others while lounging in your pajamas sounds like a dream come true, I would recommend researching the companies below who are hiring remote call center workers.
- Arise Call Center Jobs: Arise Virtual Solutions allow you to be your own boss and work from home! They offer a flexible schedule that allows you to set your own hours and control when and where your work. This is extremely helpful for those suffering from an unpredictable disease like lupus or fibromyalgia. They work with many Fortune 500 brands and help you connect with these companies so that you can provide them with customer service services. Don’t worry, it’s not as confusing as it sounds. Plus, they provide state of the art training and help so that you can start earning money as soon as possible.
- Cox Communications: Cox Communications is hiring for Call Center Customer Service Representatives for their Account Services Department. They are looking for people who live around certain cities, so make sure to check locations when applying. They state the primary responsibilities of their call center reps will be handling incoming calls from Cox Business and residential customers, delivering excellent customer service by asking questions, actively listening, building rapport, demonstrating respect, being informative and understanding their needs, requests or problems. This position focuses heavily on understanding the needs of customers, so Cox is asking for 1+ year experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals and 1 – 2 year work experience in a customer service role (not specific to just Call Center). The great thing about this position is that it pays around $15 hour and they offer many benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits the first day!
- American Express: American Express is currently hiring call center agents for their Virtual Platinum Customer Care Professional positions. These virtual American Express jobs are perfect for someone looking for an online job with a well respected company. They are looking for people with at least 2+ years in a customer service and consultative sales environment. While a Bachelor’s degree is preferred, it is not required.
- Asurion: Asurion is hiring virtual Customer Care Representatives. As a Customer Care Rep, you will provide customer service and remote support for customers inquiries about lost or damaged devices and resolve customer issues. They are looking for people who have at least 6+ months of experience in customer service. Their pay for remote workers is around $11 hr.
- Gametime: Gametime is hiring for Fan Happiness Associates. These virtual call center position entails helping Gametime customers with their ticket purchases. Their job description states that you will be communicating with Gametime customers via phone, email, chat, and text. This virtual call center job pays $15 hr
- Teleperformance: Teleperformance employs thousands of people globally in a work-at-home environment giving our clients multiple options to address seasonal volume spikes, staffing flexibility, and a differentiated workforce. They are currently hiring for Customer Service Agents and some digging online shows they pay around $10-$11 hr.