Lupus and Weighted Blankets
Looking to Buy a Weighted Blanket for Lupus?
If you suffer from lupus, you probably understand the pain that many of us suffer from daily. Even though we are so completely fatigued throughout the day, there are many nights that we may lay awake from insomnia or painsomnia. A decent night’s sleep can really determine what kind of day we will have in the morning.
So naturally, I got a spark of interest when I begin to hear the rave reviews from friends and family members that have tried weighted blankets and swore they helped ease a variety of symptoms. I decided to research weighted blankets for chronic illness warriors a little further.
What is a weighted blanket?
Weighted blankets are therapeutic blankets that can weight anywhere from 5-20 pounds or even more. The pressure from the extra weight is believed to be similar to that of a therapeutic technique called deep pressure stimulation.
It is believed that deep pressure stimulation can help alleviate a wide variety of symptoms such as autism, adhd, arthritis, chronic pain, insomnia, and anxiety! It almost seems hard to believe that a weighted blanket could help you manage symptoms, but there are many studies and research that seem to back up the claim that weighted blankets can help.
Do weighted blankets help with lupus symptoms?
Weighted blankets could help with your lupus symptoms in a variety of ways. If you suffer from insomnia, a weighted blanket could help you get the rest you deserve and need. In a study done on the sleep issues associated with those who suffered from ADHD, they found the use of weighted blankets for 14-days improves the time it takes to fall asleep, individual day-to-day variation and the number of awakenings to a level that compares with those found in the healthy control group.
Most people with lupus also suffer from joint and muscle pain. If you have fibromyalgia as well, your muscle pain may be extreme, especially when trying to sleep.
Check out this HUGE list of weighted blankets that may help ease your chronic pain and restless nights.
You can also check out our Ten Gifts for Lupus if you are looking for other lupus friendly gifts!
- Sewed perfectly for preventing leakage, the UFRIDAY weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable natural cotton and tiny hypoallergenic, non-toxic glass beads. It is designed for relieving body pressures to improve sleep quality.
- Weighted about 10-percent of your body, 15 lbs weight blanket is suggested for 120-180 lbs people to have a sweet, healthy and restful sleep. 48” x 72” is perfect size to use on full, queen, king-size bed or sofa
- It’s normal to feel heavy or light at first. Getting used to a weighted blanket takes about 2-7 days, your body will adapt to this weight after using a week continuousl
- Quility’s innovative 7-layered blanket is designed to offer supreme comfort. They use the most advanced sewing technology and the highest-quality materials to produce the ideal weighted blanket.
- IMPROVED REST: SAFR Weighted Blanket helps you fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up feeling rejuvenated. The soothing hug of a SAFR blanket relaxes the body, eases the mind, and reduces tossing and turning throughout the night.
- The WONAP weighted blanket is made of 100% breathable Natural Bamboo fabric. The inner part of the blanket includes ultra-soft cotton compartments. Hypoallergenic, non-toxic and odorless premium glass beads are evenly filled up into each small compartment of the blanket. Glass beads that evenly distributed apply the same pressure to the entire body and help you to sleep deeper.
- Formulated heavy blanket based on years of peer reviewed research. We studied countless PhD’s around the world at accredited institutions like the University of Massachusetts, Harvard, Gothenburg Sweden and Chang Gung University in Taiwan.
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers great all-natural sleep help for adults and kids by offering the gentle sensation of being held to encourage deep, healthy, restful sleep
- Inspired by the feeling of being held, rocabi created a drug-free sleep blanket that serves better, deeper, healthier, sleep. This weighted comforter which mimics a hug and applies gentle compression to your body creates a sensation of being hugged to encourage you to feel relaxed, calm and sleepy, the rocabi blanket is a step above all other weighted blanket brands
- Give your friends or loved ones the best gift of all – A better nights sleep. Blanket Pressure is Determined By Size and Weight. Due to its weight, it’s not necessary to choose oversized blanket.
- Based on a lifetime of experience, neurologist Dr. Hart designed this unique weighted blanket specifically to promote relaxation and healthier sleep in a natural way. Patented design and luxurious, premium-grade materials are what make Dr. Hart’s stand out from all other weighted blanket brands
- This weighted therapy blanket will improve the SLEEP QUALITY of anyone who has trouble falling asleep and staying asleep – you will finally be able to sleep through the night. The weight of the gravity blanket is NOT TOO HEAVY, EVENLY DISTRIBUTED, and improves the body’s organic release of melatonin which is needed to prevent you from waking up in the middle of the night – no more tossing and turning all night.